News Archive 2008-2009
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW 2008-2009...IT'S BEEN AN AWESOME YEAR!!!
CONGRATULATIONS BHS - Kraushaar Award x 3!!!
SYM: SUP-SUP-SUP = SUPERIOR at STATE!
CON: SUP-SUP-SUP = SUPERIOR at STATE!
- The School Board of Alachua County web site features an article
highlighting the Wind Symphony's performance at Carnegie Hall in New
York. Click here!
- FANTASTIC New York Trip! Carnegie Hall was AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS to the Buchholz Wind Symphony for earning the GOLD AWARD at the New York Wind Band Festival with a score of 98 out of a possible 100!!! Listen to the BHS Wind Symphony playing Grainger!
Complete Judges' Comments
See Photos from our NYC Trip
- 50 Directors Who Make A Difference - After clicking on the link, scroll down to page 5 to see who School Band & Orchestra Magazine chose for Florida!
- CONGRATULATIONS! Buchholz band students bring home an impressive 102 Superior medals from State Solo & Ensemble MPA plus straight Superior ratings for Jazz Band!
- CONGRATULATIONS to CONCERT BAND, SYMPHONIC BAND, and WIND SYMPHONY for earning Straight A's and Straight SUPERIOR ratings at District MPA! Congratulations also to Ryan Sullivan and Ross Cawthon for earning Superior ratings as student conductors!
Concert Band - Symphonic Band - Wind Symphony
mp3 excerpts from District MPA on 3.7.09:
District 4 MPA Complete Results
- Buchholz band students excel at District Solo & Ensemble MPA individually earning an impressive 182 Superior medals plus straight Superiors for Jazz Band!
- Check out these Jazz Band Excerpts from our Feb. 10th Ensembles/Jazz Concert
BHS Golden Regiment is recognized by the Alachua County School Board! More...
Listen to a selection from our Winter Concert.
- Congratulations to all of the Buchholz Band members that made the 2009 Alachua All-County Band! Complete Results (PDF)
BHS has 10 students make All-State for a 3rd consecutive year!CONGRATULATIONS to the following Buchholz Band members for having been selected as 2008-09 All-State musicians:
Emily Shroads, Bassoon Scott Graham, Trumpet Caleb Hsu, Clarinet Tammy Vaughn, Trumpet Youjin Jang, Clarinet Sydney Hawkins, Horn Jeremy Liu, Clarinet Laura Jamison, Euphonium Logan Rutledge, Bass Clarinet Ryan Sullivan, Tuba
- Congratulations to Charlotte Bolch, Clarinet and Sydney Hawkins, Horn for having been selected for the 2008-09 USF Festival of Winds!
- Congratulations to the following eight Buchholz Band members for having been
selected for the 2008-09 FSU Tri-State Band Festival!
Clarisse Benson, Bassoon Scott Graham, Trumpet Eytan Oren, Bassoon Tammy Vaughn, Trumpet Youjin Jang, Clarinet Margie Parham, Horn David Rinehart, Alto Sax Ryan Sullivan, Tuba
- Congratulations Scott Graham - winner of the FMBC Class 5A Music Scholarship!
- The Veterans Day Concert was outstanding! We broke an attendance record for this concert according to the Phillips CPA - they had to open a section in the balcony for overflow from the orchestra level which holds 900! Next year, we will aim to fill all 1,700 seats!!! Here are just a few unsolicited comments about the concert.
- Congratulations Golden Regiment for outstanding performances at the Southern Showcase of Champions. All Prelims Class 1st Place Awards went to Buchholz. Open Class Finals Awards were as follows:
1st PLACE - Percussion
1st PLACE - Woodwinds
1st PLACE - Individual Music
1st PLACE 5A Band
1st RUNNER-UP Band Overall
- Health Newsletter (Fall 2008)
- Fundraising Newsletter - Winter Edition
2008 Marching Season Wrap-up
Golden Regiment wins Grand Championship at FMBC Super-Regional - click here for details!