News Archive 2012-2013
- The Year in Review 2012-2013!
- Listen to clips from our Spring Concert!
- CONGRATULATIONS Wind Symphony AND Symphonic Band for earning STRAIGHT SUPERIORS at State MPA! See complete ratings.
- Listen to excerpts from Wind Symphony's State MPA performance!
- Watch the 2013-14 PREVIEW VIDEO!
- CONGRATULATIONS to Buchholz band students who earned 78 Superior medals and 14 Excellent ratings at State Solo & Ensemble MPA. See ratings for all Buchholz S & E events.
2011-12 Audio Yearbook Double-CD set!
Visit the store to purchase.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony for earning Straight SUPERIOR ratings at District MPA! See complete ratings.
- CONGRATULATIONS to all of our choirs, Chamber Winds, Aviance Dance and Indoor Guard Ensembles, and Jazz Band for earning Superiors - see list below!
- Flute Choir - SUPERIOR
- Clarinet Choir - SUPERIOR
- Brass Choir (SYM) - SUPERIOR
- Brass Choir (WS) - SUPERIOR
- Percussion Choir (SYM) - SUPERIOR
- Percussion Choir (WS) - SUPERIOR
- Chamber Winds - SUPERIOR
- Dance Ensemble - SUPERIOR
- Indoor Guard - SUPERIOR
- Jazz Band: SUP - SUP - SUP = SUPERIOR
See ratings for all Buchholz events!
- Listen to selections from our Winter Concert!
- Congratulations to all 48 of the Buchholz Band members that made the 2013 Alachua All-County Band! See results!
2012 FMBC Finals (Nov. 17, 2012)
BUCHHOLZ RETURNS TO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS IN 2012!
Listen to Finals commentary excerpts from the Ensemble, General Effect and Individual Music judges:
- General Effect Music - Judge Smith
- General Effect Music - Judge Whaley
- Ensemble Music - Judge Mills
- Ensemble Music - Judge Argenziano
- Individual Music - Judge Zamperini
- WUFT-TV News does story on FMBC State Championship - click here!
- Listen to the Buchholz Wind Symphony perform Esprit de Corps (recorded LIVE at the UF Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on Nov. 8, 2012)
2012 North Marion FMBC Regional - Score: 92.3! (Nov. 10, 2012)
GOLDEN REGIMENT STEPS IT UP AT REGIONAL!
The Golden Regiment holds the highest score of all 4A bands in the state. This score is also the second highest of ALL bands in the state, regardless of school/band size, just .5 behind a former State 5A Champion Band. Way to rock the house heading into the State Championship, Golden Regiment!!!
2012 Southern Showcase Grand Champions (Oct. 13, 2012)
BEST IN CLASS Drum Majors
1st PLACE CLASS 4A Band
The Golden Regiment earned Distinguished Superior ratings (the highest possible) in General Effect Music, Individual Visual, Percussion, and Drum Majors, with all other categories earning very high Superior ratings.
The FMBC (Florida Marching Band Coalition) gives special credit to bands that achieve a block score from week to week based on the sliding achievement scale. The Golden Regiment achieved a block score. With its high score, Buchholz qualified for the State Championship to be held in the Tropicana Dome in St. Petersburg next month! Congratulations Golden Regiment!
Thanks to the 150 middle school students who were our guests for the Buchholz 2012 Middle School Bands Night! Click on Prospective Students for videos, photos and info about joining the BHS Band!
2010-11 Audio Yearbook Double-CD set!
Visit the store to purchase.
Fantastic Band Camp Golden Regiment!
Click here to see more band camp photos!