Boosters have many opportunities to volunteer during the year. Sign-up forms go home during SUDA Camp each year, but volunteers are welcomed all year long. Contact us if you find something here that you'd like to do, or if you have other ideas about how you can help!
Maintenance, Repairs, Construction
Keeping the band equipment in good repair is a never ending job, especially during the marching season. Includes help with PVC pipe, plumbing, woodworking, electrical work, painting, electronics repair, or welding.
Can you help with ice donations and/or deliveries to BHS in the morning and/or at Noon during Band Camp and the Rehearse-A-Thon? Would you like to work on organizing Senior Recognition Night during the football season? Would you like to help with decorations or refreshments for Band Awards Night in May?
Would you be willing to assist with:
- Fitting of uniforms, sewing buttons, hemming, or alterations (July & August)?
- Spot-cleaning uniforms between games and performances (August - November)?
- Uniform check-in from the cleaners (September - November)?
Would you be willing to help organize one of our fundraisers, solicit donations from local businesses, or help locate Corporate Sponsors?
- Would you be interested in advertising a business in our newsletter, on our web site, or in our programs?
- Do you have access to copying and printing services or metered postage for newsletters, programs, notices?
- Can you furnish computer or computer graphics services or help with the website?
- Would you be able to drive an equipment truck to games or performances?
Would you like to help chaperone the Band to games or performances? Be sure to read the Chaperone Guidelines. You must also fill out and turn in the ACPS Volunteer Application to the Chaperone Chairperson.
- ACPS Volunteer Application (SUBMIT 2 COPIES)
Finally, we are required to make available to all members of the booster organization a copy of the SBAC District Bylaws, Policies, Rules and Regulations for Extracurricular Clubs, Groups, Booster Organizations and Sports. A copy of this document can be obtained via the link below. Please take a few minutes to review these important rules and policies.